Area Rug Fringe Repair
To ensure your entire rug, including its fringe, looks great, is sturdy and ready to take on daily use for many, many more years, here are some of the ways you repair and protect those precious ends:
- Authentic restoration by using similar techniques of the original artisan – Our rug repair experts have worked on the finest rugs from all over the world. We not only understand the basic construction of the rug, but are familiarized in the unique details of various weaving practices so we can provide you with the most authentic restoration that will match the artisan’s original intent.
- Replacing missing or irreparable pieces of fringe – Fringe tends to get a lot of traffic, and can sometimes get pulled on or tugged out by increased foot traffic, pets’ paws and furniture edges. Thankfully, because of our knowledge of each knotting and braiding style, we can replace those missing or torn fringes with new ones.
- Correcting frayed and crimped rugs and minimizing “bunching” of fringes – Nothing ruins the look of fringe more than when they bunch together or start fraying from the constant wear and tear it receives. We use various techniques, often including a mix of cleaning, grooming and repairing, to minimize or eliminate these unsightly behaviors.
- Restoring the original bright white color of your fringe – through thorough cleaning, and sometimes even recoloring, we can turn those dingy, tinged fringes back to the bright white it once had.
- Securing fringes – if you’ve noticed the braids or knots on your rug ends are coming loose, you’re reaching us just in time! We can secure those loose ends with a prompt and authentic touch to make sure your rug doesn’t suffer further damage.